What are school hours?

School hours are 7:50-2:20. Children can be dropped off at 7:30 am and will go to the cafeteria. Children are not to be dropped off before 7:30 am as there is no supervision.

What is pick up and drop off procedure?

Please park in either of the parking lots and walk to the front of the school to pick up your child when his/her class walks by. Be sure the teacher sees you taking your child from the line. Remember: DO NOT PARK along the curb. This is a bus zone and drop-off zone only. 

If you pick up your child during the school day, you must come into the school office and sign him/her out. We ask that you not go to the classroom to get your child. The secretaries will either notify the teacher, who will send your child to the office, or you will be given a slip letting the appropriate adult know that you have checked your child out of school. We know that these procedures are sometimes inconvenient, but the safety of your child is important to us. Please allow additional time when picking up your child.

Changes in Dismissal:
If your child is going home on a different bus or with a different person, you MUST send a note with the child in the morning. The child is to take the note to the secretaries who will notify the classroom teacher and bus driver of changes.

(Source: BCPS)

What is the check-in process for volunteering or visiting my child at school?

We invite you to come to school to visit and volunteer. When you arrive, please enter the front doors. We keep all other doors locked for safety reasons. Our wonderful secretaries will be in the office to greet you and have you sign in each time you work or visit inside the school. Be sure to wear a volunteer or visitor name badge when you are visiting the school.

Can I volunteer in my child's classroom?

Boeckman Creek works best when everyone works together. If you are able to volunteer, we have many ways for you to help. Your classroom teacher may have particular tasks to do, such as copying materials and preparing supplies. You may also have a particular skill that would help, such as typing or art. Please talk to your teacher about ways you can help in and out of the classroom.

Of course getting involved with the PTA is another way for you to help support our school. We invite you to assist at school events, such as Bingo Night, and the Bobcat Blast. We welcome and encourage you to attend the monthly PTA meetings on the second Wednesday of each month alternating between morning and evening times in the staff lunchroom. Check calendar for dates and times.

Parents are important to the education of all our children!

What if my child is sick? -Illnesses and Medication at school-

When Should My Child Stay Home?
If your child has the following, please keep them home and call the school office.
  • Communicable Disease (Please read for symptoms)

  • Head Lice

  • Impetigo (unless on antibiotic for 24 hours)

  • Scabies (unless treated)

When is it ok to send my child to school after they have been ill?
They must be fever free for 24 hours prior to their return.  This means having an oral temperature of less than 100 without using medication to lower their temperature.

They must be able to participate comfortably in class activities without a cough or other symptoms becoming a disruption for themselves or others.

They must be free of gastrointestinal symptoms such as diarrhea and vomiting for 24 hours.

If they have a skin rash, they must be seen by their health care providers and receive written clearance.

Can my child receive medication at school?
Yes.  Any medication that is necessary for your child to be able to remain in school. All medications must be brought to the school by a parent or guardian with the proper paperwork.  We are unable to accept medications brought in by students.

What are the procedures I must follow?
The parent or guardian must complete the Medication Administration Form  You can also pick up these forms in the school office.
A physician’s signature is required for all prescription medications.  This may be in the form of a current prescription label.
All medication must come in the original container.  The label must include the name of the student, medication, dosage instructions, and the name and phone number of the physician.
The parent or guardian must provide all supplies necessary for proper administration of the medication.  Medication dosing spoons and precut pills are required.
All over the counter medicines required during school hours and necessary for the child to remain in school require completion of the medication assistance form also.  The medication provided must be in the original labeled container with the age appropriate dosing instructions.
Some medications can be carried by the student for self-administration.  These are special circumstances to discuss with your school nurse.  A Self-Medication Agreement Form must be filed in the school office with a Medication Administration Form.


(Source and for more health related questions: WLWV District Website )

Who do I notify if my child will be absent?

Make sure to call the office at 503-673-7750 before 10am. For security measures, at 10am automated notifications will be called to the telephone numbers on file if a child is absent without the school’s knowledge.

What are the school lunches offered?

The District’s Nutrition Program offers healthy foods that students enjoy while meeting all
guidelines. A variety of fruits vegetables are served, with an increased selection from the nutrient rich “color” groups. Breads, baked goods, pastas, rice tortillas are whole grain rich. Total fat is below recommended levels, many foods are lowfat. Legumes and beans are served more often. Whole fruit with fiber is encouraged.

100% fruit juice is offered twice a week. Nonfat and 1% white milk are offered daily.
Nonfat chocolate milk is offered twice a week. Foods contain no trans fat or MSG. Peanut butter is
not served at Primary Schools. (Sunflower seed butter replaces and has a low allergy risk). There is
always a Vegetarian accommodation. Items containing pork are noted.

For assistance, please call
503-673-7992 or email

How do I pre-pay for hot lunches?

Since we have a debit system, with each child having their own account, you can send any amount and have it divided among your children as you instruct. When sending lunch money to school, please seal it in an envelope and write your child’s first and last name and ID # on the front. Another option is to manage your child’s lunch balance online with K12 Payment Center. All info on the district lunch page. If you would like information about free and reduced meals, please talk to one of the secretaries for a form or the Free/Reduced Lunch Application online. Unused lunch money on the computer debit system will carry over to the following year.

Student lunch, including milk: $3.20
Single milk/juice $.50
Student reduced lunch: $.40


A breakfast program is offered each morning at Boeckman Creek from 8:00 – 8:15. A nutritious breakfast can give students the energy boost they need to reach maximum performance. Test scores improve when students begin their day with a healthy meal. The price of the breakfast meal will be deducted from a student’s lunch account. Students who qualify for the free and reduced lunch program also qualify for free or reduced breakfast.

Student full price breakfast: $ 1.95

(Source: BCPS)

May I come have lunch with my child?

Of course. Your child will love it! Make sure to sign in at the office. You may bring your lunch or pay for a hot lunch from your child’s pre-paid account.

What can I do for my child's birthday?

Everyone loves birthday celebrations. If you desire, your child may bring something for the class on his/her special day (please check with your child’s teacher- some grades have adopted a ‘no treats’ birthday policy). We cannot have homemade treats. Instead of store-purchased treats, your child may prefer to bring a special book to give to the class. This book would become a part of the classroom library and include your child’s name and date on the inside cover. Please notify the classroom teacher if you wish to celebrate your child’s birthday at school so that they can help make the day special. If your child has a summer birthday, the class can celebrate at the end of the year or have a “half-birthday” during the year. 

Your child will have two class parties, one to celebrate Fall and the other on Valentine’s Day, February 14. Room parents work together with the classroom teacher to coordinate these parties. Please be aware that there may be children who have food allergies in the classroom. Therefore, talk to the teacher before sending treats or offering food to the children in the classroom.

Latex Balloons:

Starting in September 2004 the West Linn – Wilsonville SD adopted a latex free policy in all of the school buildings. This means parents and students are no longer allowed to bring any latex balloons to the school at any time. The change in this policy reflects the increasing number of people with severe latex allergies, some even life threatening. Mylar balloons are acceptable.

(Source: BCPS)

Where are the grown up restrooms?

There are two restrooms to use for adults. They are located in the far hall corridor near the teacher’s lounge and work room.

Is there before and after school care?

Club K: They provide both morning and afternoon care.

Cynthia Grimm 503-643-9059 ext. 202

Are there after school groups or activities?

The school will send out notifications via email for their enrichment classes. They are typically weekly classes for  6-8 weeks in duration and are taught after school with a teacher/staff or parent. Classes range from art, dancing and theater to legos, language and chess. The classes vary per segment.

Local Sports and Camps

Who should I call with general questions or concerns?

There are several ways you can contact us when you have questions. Our secretaries, Delea Horch and Sandi Laschober, will assist you by answering your general school question or by directing you to the person who can answer your question. 

Our office phone number is 503-673-7750. If you have any questions about your child’s academic progress, please call and ask for your child’s teacher. Zach Deets, our school counselor, is also available to talk with you concerning any counseling concerns. If you need help with Spanish translation, please ask for Travis Flynn our English as a Second Language teacher. If possible, making an appointment is the best way to have time to talk one-on-one with your child’s teacher.

(Source: BCPS)

What are the bus routes?

Bus Route Information

You can email the bus company at 

However, if you need a quick response, please contact First Student Bus company directly at (503-570-8604).

Please click on this link to view the ‘Walking Boundaries’ for our schools.